This year with my 12 Goals, I want to focus on feelings and what I want to create . My family is so important to me and I don’t always make my family (or myself) a priority and I am done with that.
In order for me to be the best mother I can be, I need to continue to foster my relationship with God, I need to continue to love myself and give myself the best possible self-care I can, so I’m fueled and fired up and ready to be the mama and leader my kids need. Does this sound hoo rah rah ish? Yep, but I honestly believe we are a product of where we come from, of the values we learn and the people we hang out with.
If my children are with me most and they are negative people, where do they learn that from? Me. If they are positive people and they want more from life, where do they learn that from? Me. I know schools will teach them book smarts, but I teach my kids how to be good people, how to give back and how to love, so I need to learn and foster those attributes in myself.
With ALL of that said (you know I’m long winded), let’s talk about my goals for 2015!
12 Goals For 2015
1. Read 52 Books (so a book a week) – I want to read more fiction books too, I want to foster more of an imagination and just rock reading. I also want to read more books with the kids. I can’t put a number on it because we read books every night, but I do know I want to read more with them!
2. Go on 2 Date Nights a Month – Chad and I are so fortunate to have help from family and a fabulous babysitter, but whenever we get a night off we usually go out with friends. It was so interesting talking with him the other day and we realize that we don’t really take one on one time for each other. So I want to do more one on one time with him. I want to get to know him as Chad (not as daddy, my fiance or fathead LOL) and I want him to get to know me as Shay.
3. Be Healthier & More Fit – I don’t want to talk about weight loss or cutting calories because I don’t want to put that into my daughter’s head where she sees me doing all this diet stuff. I want to focus on eating healthier, being more fit individually and as a family. My kids are already pretty fit, they truly poop me out, but it was really cool when Chad and I would work out together last year and they’d watch us or work out with us. I want to get back to that.
4. Practice Being More Calm – I have an “easily excited” personality. I can get excited over the smallest stuff and while that is good, I also just want to practice just being. No I don’t mean being more mopey, just being more even tempered. Of course there is a time for excitement and dancing, but I find that sometimes I am more high strung than calm, so I want to work on that. I’ve already started this year by meditating the first thing in the morning.
5. Be More Present With My Kids – I find that I love playing with my kids but I’m always putzing with my phone or finding something to do. I want to focus on putting my phone down and just being present with my kids. I want them to know that the only thing that matters in that moment isn’t some picture I need to take, but just that I need to be with them, talk to them and hear what they are saying.
6. Buy Cute Work at Home Clothes – I do not think I will ever be the type of person who wears jeans at all when I work from home. I LOVE yoga pants and how they make my flat butt look bootylicious. However, there are some clothes that should not still be worn. If I’m not attracted to myself in them, how can I expect Chad to want to be attracted to me? I already bought a few Vicki secret pajama pants and night gowns that I absolutely love. I plan on redoing my whole wardrobe as my body changes from eating healthier and being fit, but I think my “work” and at home attire need more of a pick me up.
It’s funny, when I put on my cute yoga pants its like I’m in a whole different mood.
7. Go to Bed Earlier – Today I woke up at 5:30am (well earlier but I didn’t get out of bed until then) and I meditated and it was magical. I am NEVER up at 5:30am and I actually woke up before my alarm went off. I was able to write 2 blogs, meditate, write in my gratitude journal and workout. I felt wonderful but now its mid day and I’m starting to get drained. I think its because I went to bed after 11pm and I was up at like 4:40 but I stayed in bed playing Candy Crush Soda (don’t judge me) until 5:30am. My goal bed time is 10pm and I want to be up at 5:30am.
8. Work Less Nights – Since Chad gets home a little later at night, I usually work after the kids go to bed, but I find that is when I stay up the latest because I just can’t turn my brain off. The kids go to daycare a few days a week so I want to focus on getting most of my work done while they are at daycare. Of course I know it won’t always be done and there will be something I will need to get done, but I want to work less nights and just enjoy my evenings (or my TV shows).
9. Declutter & Stay Organized – We have way too much stuff! Like seriously way too much stuff. When you organize your home & life, and you get rid of items that no longer serve a purpose, you free up space to receive better things and things that are more aligned with the life you want and not the stuff that you had. It is my goal to throw 90% of the stuff in our basement away. I feel like I can’t even enjoy our basement because its so cluttered. I get anxious just thinking about it.
10. Read A Daily Devotional – I still haven’t found one that I like yet, but I hope to have this started by next week. I will be researching more tonight after the kids go to bed.
11. Hire A Cleaning Lady – I HATE cleaning. I don’t want to do it, so I want to hire someone who can come in each week and clean for me (of course, after we declutter the house).
12. Put $15,000 In Savings – This is a VERY lofty goal because we do have a wedding that we are planning this year too (and paying for by ourselves). So this means I need to make sure that I am very deliberate in my coaching and DFY programs. I don’t want to overwhelm myself but at the same time, I want to make sure I’m setting goals outside of my comfort zone so that I’m striving to be better.
Bonus Goals: I want to give AT LEAST $100 to our church each month, I want to make food for the homeless, I want to have an Angel tree this year. I want to host more girl nights at my house with my girlfriends, I want to become a better friend.
As you can see, I have so many more goals but my those are my main ones that I am choosing to “focus” on. I’ll still do weekly goals as I know I have a lot that I want to accomplish, so this is just the tip of the iceberg doll face!
What are your goals? Link up below! I want to see, comment and share what you want to do for 2015.