I probably don’t need to remind you, but Valentine’s Day is this weekend! The fact that this love-filled holiday falls on a Saturday is an even better reason to go all out for your significant other this year. This doesn’t mean you need to spend hundreds of dollars on an expensive meal at a fancy restaurant or an overnight stay at a weekend out-of-town getaway.
Instead, I gathered some ideas to make Valentine’s Day more about love than about the price of the gifts.
- Write a love letter for every year you’ve been married (or every year you’ve been dating).
- Give him or her a massage with new massage oil to candlelight.
- Watch one of his or her favorite movies or TV shows without complaining once!
- Give him a “guy” gift like a video game he’s wanted for a long time, then play it with him (if he’ll let ya!).
- An overnight stay at a nice hotel or B&B. Order room service if you can and choose a room with a tub or jaccuzi for two.
- Create a date with meaning by recreating your first date, your engagement, where you met, etc.
- Get yourself new sexy lingerie as HIS gift.
- Get a sitter and go out to the nicest club in your area. Dance the night away!
- Create IOU (I Owe You) coupons they can use throughout the year. Write on them with such things like watch a movie that he likes, a full body massage, sex in new room, watch a sports game on TV with him, etc.
- Buy them a book with its matching book-to-movie DVD/BluRay and Pop! Vinyl figure.
- Buy them tickets to a concert or sporting event they’ve wanted to go to forever.
- Create a DIY Freestanding Picture Collage with a delicious meal at home.
- Find out the recipes and make his favorite of his mom’s meals and her dessert as a surprise.
- Give him subscription to a men’s monthly subscription box best suited for him, like Birchbox Men.
What are you going your loved one for Valentine’s Day this year? Share in the comments section below to give others some more ideas!