¡Feliz Día de los Muertos!
Día de los Muertos has been celebrated in Mexico for over 4,000 years, which means it’s been celebrated since long before Mexico was a country! Learn about the tradition of the Day of the Dead by doing THIS fun craft with the kids, then making yourself a Día de los Muertos SKINNY Red Reviver Cocktail from The Skinny On Low Cal – only 179 calories!
- one small beet
- one carrot
- one small ripe tomato
- one 2 1/2-inch wedge of red cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 packet Monk Fruit In The Raw (or your favorite sugar substitute to taste)
- tequila of your choice
- 1/2 cup cold water or ice cubes
- If you’re using a juicer, cut up all the ingredients according to your devices directions. Process the beet, carrot, tomato, cabbage, bell pepper, and pineapple. Mix your sugar substitute into the juice.
- If you’re using a blender, cut up all ingredients into small chunks. Pour in the water first (if you want an icy drink, you can use ice cubes instead of water), then add all the remaining ingredients and whirl to the texture of a smoothie.
- Then,pour into a glass and serve as a mocktail.
- Mix in tequila if you’re making a cocktail and serve.