It has been super hard the past couple of weeks (my weekly goals have completely slacked). I took on a new client that I thought would be good for me and instead this client (and all the clients of theirs that I work with) is sucking the energy out of me. Sure the money is really nice, but I am getting less and less time with my kids and the purpose of me working from home is to spend time with my kids.
I want to play with them, go on walks, watch movies, read books, do crafts and all the stuff that I think childhood should be about. This week (and weeks moving forward) I want to focus on my family and what is important to them and me.
I read an article talking about what you believe your purpose is and what questions to ask and what Chad and I realized is that we need to alter our values around.
- Being the best person I can be so my children can learn from me
- Being the best mother I can be (more patient, more loving, teaching my kids how to be more giving)
- Being the best fiance/wife I can be so I can bring out the best in Chad
- Being the best friend I can be so my friends know I will always be there
- Just being – meditating, learning about God, and giving myself over to my creator to truly live in my purpose
- Allowing myself to explore, learn and grow
Sometimes you let things get in the way of that, you let things bog you down and they really don’t matter. I told Chad I’d rather be homeless and happy then rich and empty. It might sound a little extreme, but it is true to me.
I realized my goals aren’t getting done each week because I wasn’t living truly inside of them. These are goals I want to create but I was more focused on unimportant things to put what truly makes me happy and fulfilled in the lead – well that stops here.
I will still do my client work as that is my main source of income, but I will cut back while I am growing my biz. My passion, my purpose is through consulting, teaching and coaching. I am a fantastic analyzer and question asker.
I love showing women (and men) what they are truly capable of and I want to bring it out through my blogs and helping others.
Okay – stepping off my soapbox (although I’ve never understood that saying – please explain below if you do LOL) and to my goals!
Last Week’s Goals:
- Work on letters with Greenlee – PASS
- Work on Bible verses with Cameron & Greenlee for their class on Thursday – PASS, we all memorized Eph. 6:10
- Date night with Chad – PASS-ish. We went out with friends for his 32nd birthday celebration
- Create a cleaning schedule – FAILED
- Workout 4 times this week – FAILED
- Go to bed at 10am and wake up at 5am – FAILED – BUT I did get up earlier than I normally did each week.
- Eat for my macros – FAILED
- Create 2 videos for LLK, HVH & SNJ – FAILED
- Write up 2 Intro to Blogging Posts for LLK – FAILED
- Create October editorial calendar – FAILED-ish I am half way done
This Week’s Goals:
- Work on letters with Greenlee
- Movie & blog planning night with Chad
- Create a cleaning schedule – or find one on Pinterest to use
- Workout 4 times this week
- Wake up at 5:30am every weekday
- Eat for my macros
- Finish October editorial calendar
- Create 1 video for LLK, HVH & SNJ
- Follow along with the SITS girl Back To Blogging Challenge
It is so important for me to make time for myself to workout and take care of myself. When I eat healthier, workout and get some me time in, I feel like I am a better mother and person in general. Do you feel the same way?
What are your weekly goals? Share below! Link up, I love reading your goals and connecting with other women who are trying to better themselves.